Simon Danczuk MP

Fighting for Rochdale, Littleborough and Milnrow

Surgeries and Advice


Constituents who wish to speak with me can book an appointment at one of my surgeries. Appointments are available every Friday and can be arranged by calling the Constituency Office between 10:00 and 17:00 every weekday on 01706 750135. Constituents who wish to speak with me are advised to book appointments as early as possible.


Arrangements can be made for constituents who need an interpreter if my office staff are given advanced notice.


Appointments take place at my Constituency Office on St Mary's Gate in Rochdale town centre, which is easily accessible from the high street. Click here for directions.



Advice for Constituents

At a time when many local people are feeling the pinch as a result of high fuel and food prices, I know that family budgets are a key concern. But when people are facing money worries they often don't know where to turn. We need to make it much easier for people to get access to information, help and advice.

We could all do with some high quality impartial advice on money, especially at those key points in our lives, such as moving into higher or further education, having a baby, or planning for retirement.

So I am delighted that the North West has been chosen as one of the regions for a money guidance pilot which will deliver free advice on money matters including budgeting, money management and personalised support to people looking to make their money go further.

Below is a list of sources of advice for people on money, debt, housing and utility bills, which I hope you will find helpful.

Anyone wanting any other information should contact me by emailing or by phoning 01706 750135.

Sources of help for those looking to make their money go further:

Help reducing energy bills:

Energy Saving Trust
For free, independent and local energy saving advice, including how to access deals on discounted or free insulation, call
0800 512 012

Energy Watch
For advice on how to reduce your bill by switching supplier or getting the best deal contact
08459 06 07 08

Warm Front
Government grants to help make homes warmer, healthier and more energy-efficient
0800 316 2805

Housing specific advice:

For help with housing queries or if you are at risk of losing your home call:
0808 800 4444

Advice on managing debt problems:

Advice UK
020 7407 4070
All members provide free and confidential advice, but not all provide money advice.

Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB)
Look in the Phone Book or on the CAB website for the telephone number of your local bureau.

Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS)
0800 138 1111
Offers a structured programme of advice on how to manage your money.

National Debtline
0808 808 4000
Provides a free, confidential and independent telephone advice service.

Business Debtline
0800 197 6026
Free, confidential and independent advice for self-employed people and small businesses.

0800 917 7823
Free confidential advice on debt problems.

Other helpful contacts:

The Community Legal Service
Aims to make it easier for the public to get legal help and advice – look on its website for details of agencies in your area.

Jobcentre Plus Office
Your local office can tell you if you are eligible for any state benefits – look in your Phone Book for details.

The Pension Service
0845 60 60 265

For information about tax and benefits
Tax credits helpline – 0845 300 3900

The Labour Party will place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better.

Please read this to review the updates about which cookies we use and what information we collect on our site.

To find out more about these cookies, see our privacy notice. Use of this site confirms your acceptance of these cookies.